Sunday, August 19, 2012

.::Sunday Social::.




1) What were you like in middle school/HS?
 Middle school was probably the lowest of the low for me. I had awful rat brown stringy hair and acne kicked in. Went thru of a flannel stage, too, hah. I played volleyball and was in a few clubs but I was just kind of a lonely pre-teen. In high school I made a lot of friends and was in a lot of clubs but dropped out of sports and became more of an artsy person. I accomplished a lot of, well, let's say, shock value in these years. I did pretty much everything you can with your hair--dyed it every normal color and then some weird ones (black, purple, yellow). I spaced out my pierced ear holes (smells like rotting flesh, I don't recommend it). I did a lot of crazy stuff. I can't say I really regret any of it though because I got it all out of my system fairly early and once I graduated high school and was in my first year of college I was a pretty responsible adult and got going with life--I look at what all I have now because I worked for it, and what the late bloomers and partiers have, and I'm pretty content with my life.
2) What were you favorite past times?
I think driving around is probably a big teen past time. Once one of your friends got their license you could just spend all night driving around and ending up in the craziest places. And there were always places groups of people would park at and socialize, like parks, banks, stores, etc. In high school we went to a lot of local concerts, too--like kids just like us starting bands and having kind of local punk-rawk shows. Oh yes, I did just spell that like that. 
 
3) What songs were you obsessed with?
'Bitch' by Meredith Brooks and she had another song 'What would happen if we kissed'. A lot of grungier songs and I went through a punk phase.
4) What fashion statement do you look back on and cringe?
The overly baggy clothes that I wore. I guess guys pulled it off okay, but I was a girl and should not have participated in that trend. Nor should I have worn boxers and my girly underwear at the same time.
5) Who was your celeb crush?
Skeet Ulrich--one of the murderers off the original Scream movie. And Ryan Phillippe from Cruel Intentions (of course, now I don't like him since he cheated on Reese Witherspoon). I had a big thing for Christian Slater and Christian Bale, too. Still do for Christian Bale.
6) What were your favorite TV shows/movies?


I watched a lot of WB and then the CW when it switched over. So Dawson's Creek, Gilmore Girls was a big one, One Tree Hill, loved Everwood. Home Improvement. And then of course TGIF on Friday nights was a HUGE deal---Boy Meets World, Sister Sister, Full House, Step by Step, Family Matters, Who's The Boss, Growing Pains...I could go on and on.

 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I remember those days of driving around just listening to music. I think even my best friend met her boyfriend that way, while they were both just driving around in the same parking lot. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man I forgot what a big deal TGIF was. I seriously loved that and looked forward to it every Friday. Step by Step was amazing! Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you- you seem like such a fun person. I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete