Sunday, August 5, 2012

.::Sunday Social::.


1) What's your favorite fall activity?

Oh..can I choose just one? I LOVEEEE fall. I love sweater weather and all the other fun clothes. I love the football starting back up. Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Lattes. The return of boots and scarves. The trees changing colors. (Although, we've had a drought here for awhile so that's been kind of going on now...) The kids going back to school (although, I do detest school zones starting back up lol...not the concept of them, just getting used to not having to slow down and then BAM school back in session). That crisp smell in the air. Fall Festivals. Pumpkin Patches. Fall scented candles. Fried Apples from Cracker Barrel. Oh, I could go on and on...(and on).

2) Do you follow a football team? If so, which one and why?

I follow the Pittsburg Steelers--go BIG BEN. But I also root for the (home)team--the Chicago Bears. However, as of late I've noticed I also tend to follow the Giants and Eagles...always have the Eagles, not sure really why. Now don't get me wrong, I don't sit and watch every game. I have my husband for that. Its just another fun part of fall to look forward to.

3) What is something fun about fall in your area?

We have a great Pumpkin Patch somewhat nearby. I mean, its amazing. Mazes, gourds from all over the world, great prices. And then we have some really great fall festivals, too, and a pioneer town area that does special events in the fall. I just love all that. I think this year we are going to hit up an orchard, too, and I know if we do I'll pick up some apples to make apple cake and DUN DUN DUN...FRIED APPLES. (Yeah, I know I keep mentioning those in this post...they are sooo good, though, and the mention of fall is getting me excited...if you are interested, I think I posted the recipe on my blog before. You can also make them in a cast iron skillet, which I have now so I may have to try--before I always made them in a crock pot.)

4) Fav Fall outfit staples?

Sweaters, cute light jackets/blazers, scarves, boots, cords. Browns and oranges.

5) Thing you are looking most forward to this fall season?

Probably just the influx of things to do. Its been so hot and dry here this summer that we've avoided really doing anything. I'm looking forward to things cooling down. Although, someone told me they heard it wasn't really supposed to do that here until October. Boo :( But I am definitely looking forward to all the fun autumn activities on the calendar. Have a few baby showers and weddings and reunions coming up, too so that's exciting. Can't believe its my ten-year class reunion this year! And my five year wedding anniversary! We always go the traditional gift route--the 'leather' year was interesting! This year its 'wood' lol.

6) Favorite fall holiday? Traditions?

I love how so many people look forward to the Starbucks red cups and Pumpkin Spice lattes--they are really the best. I usually save up all my rewards for this time of year and cash them in for free Starbucks gift cards. Cuz I'm cheap lol. No, THRIFTY. I honestly love so much of the fall season, I don't know if I could choose just one holiday. I usually take off a day in late August or early September and spend the day decorating for fall (and enjoying one of those precious lattes) and I put on the Charlie Brown and Garfield Halloween/Thanksgiving specials. That's kind of the start of the season for me. And hitting up Michael's for craft ideas. Making Pumpkin Rolls for family events. Coming home to that fall smell everyday--it really just makes me giddy to even think about, lol. I'm such a dork! Wait til Christmas comes, people, you'll stop reading altogether! Also gotta put a plug in there for fall season premieres on TV!

2 comments:

  1. cute blog!

    New follower :)

    Look forward to continue reading your blog!

    xo
    chritina
    livinglaughinglovingx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE Fall too :) everything about it!

    happy sunday!

    ReplyDelete