Tuesday, June 11, 2013

.::I'm still around::.

HELLO.

It's been awhile. Sad, I know. But then I see how some other people *cough* haven't posted since last year sometime and I don't feel so bad. ;)

It's crazy how fast time flies. It's not that I'm necessarily having fun either. I've been stressed--lots going on. More on that later.

I've decided I miss summer vacation. Badly. I wasn't one of those kids who just wanted to grow up and get out of school. I liked school. Not so much school itself but the act of being in school and not being out in the real world. I remember I used to read a couple of books a week. (Now I'm still reading the same book I was reading last.year.ick.) I used to dance around the lush green yard barefoot. (Now I barely get outside--of course I have a semi-grass-phobia now.) And I used to stay up until 3 in the morning and now that's closer to when I wake up in the morning than anything.

I've seen a few people post summer bucket lists. Mine isn't even a list, its one thing: relax. Anytime I can, I want to just sit somewhere and breathe deeply and relax. I want to smell the fresh cut grass, smell the air after or right before it rains, smell the grill, smell the air after the fireworks go off ('kay that's a weird one).

I've noticed lately that I've 'checked' quite a few things off of my stupidly long list of things to do. Things that have made me feel like I would never be caught up. And I've probably gotten a little better about managing my time lately. So I think I may have time to relax a little. Maybe. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment