Sunday, September 18, 2011

100 Days of Holidays

I signed up for Better Homes and Gardens' 100 Days of Holidays newsletter recently and have started getting some great emails with some tips, recipes and crafts I just can't wait to begin. But I get so caught up in my daily to-do's that I often miss out on the hobbies I enjoy and the things that actually make me happy (which means I'm often a grumpy-pants). I'm reminded of this fact all the time, especially days like today when my hubby is relaxing in his home office watching football all day and I'm left with a big to-do list. So jealous! There is absolutely no (real or good) reason why I can't find the time to enjoy my hobbies, too. So I'm really going to try to make an effort to make more me time. One way I'm planning on doing this is making a regular schedule for getting routine things done. I stole a pretty calendar from my hubby's office (this is in girl colors--I have no idea why he even had this?!!) and I'm going to figure out the best days for doing which tasks and try to space things out so I'm not constantly frantic and reminded of all the things I need to do yet.

Pretty calendar!
Another way I'm going to try to achieve this is by making myself more accountable by posting some fun to-do's on this blog. So probably more posts from me soon!


You can sign up for the newsletter I mentioned in this post and others at the Better Homes and Gardens website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment