Thursday, June 30, 2011

Letting Go

Early this year I did something that I am so proud of. I let something go that I had been dwelling on for years .
I know people always say just let it go, don't dwell on it. But that's easier said than done. You can say "I forgive you" or, "I'm over it", but that doesn't mean it won't creep back up and haunt you. 
I can honestly say that I was able to let this go completely. It's been almost 6 months now and I don't regret it at all, and I feel like such a weight and sadness has been lifted off of my shoulders.
I confronted what I was dwelling on, and guess what? I may have had the whole thing wrong along!? Really?!! I feel so much better now!


Don't dwell on things. Confront your issues---more often than not, you'll find that there really wasn't an issue after all. Time doesn't always heal all wounds. Sometimes it deepens them beyond recognition.

No comments:

Post a Comment