Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July

Photo credit

Did everyone have a good Independence Day?

It's sort of a big day for my family. We *usually* start the day off with the 5k, but we missed that this year. Boo----no free t-shirt for me this year!
Then around noon we all line up for the parade. Some years I'm in the parade, others I'm an onlooker--this year I was an onlooker. It was a good parade this year, too. At the very end there was a couple walking a pair of donkeys, and on the donkeys' rear-ends were little signs that said "the end". Very cute and clever!
Then its off for lunch---they serve pork burgers and other foods in the park and they are a tradition for us. And then later once its dark we all meet up again for fireworks. Big day but so much fun. And it wasn't too hot this year,  nor did we get rained out again like some years. Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment