Saturday, July 30, 2011

'Serving Time'

I didn't get to moving around too well this morning, but I did catch the end portion of a documentary on OWN called 'Serving Time'. Sooo good. I will have to try to watch the entire documentary some time. Its about prison inmates volunteering for a hospice for other inmates who are dying. Very touching and humbling. With my job I am seeing more and more people in hospice or on the verge of it, and it really gets you thinking about things. This past spring I sat vigil for the first time at a family member's passing and its really life-changing. This person lived a life, and touched so many people, and now here these people are with you in your final moments. I can only hope that I touch enough people's lives that they will want to be with me in my final moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment